Thursday, January 1, 2009

'09; Time to reset?

I am not one who contemplates resolutions every year. I also have realized over the years that if I create a long list of goals that I want to accomplish, the only thing I usually accomplish is the feeling of failure. However, there are some things that have surfaced in 2008 that I want to focus on or reset if you will, in '09.

I want to......

-show more grace to others
-be more patient with others
-be less selfish
-be a better husband; both by taking time to really listen to Buttercup and communicate to her my wants, needs, fears, joy, sadness.
-be a better example to my girls of how a man should treat them
-become a better friend
-be a better brother
-look at things as half full instead of always half empty
-become less judgemental and more loving
-become more compassionate to others
-be a better neighbor by intentionally engaging in conversations/interactions with them
-be a more diligent worker and produce more fruit
-have a more positive attitude on a daily basis
-learn to say "I'm sorry" more often
-be more social by inviting people into our house
-not be so busy that I miss the small things in life
-have a life that is an example to others of what Jesus has done for me
-be a giver, not a taker
-have the courage to share my faith with my clients
-be a better steward of my possessions
-not try to avoid conflict but have the courage to face it head on
"Conflict is a curious gift because it sharpens us, demanding grace and forgiveness."
-not treat the gospel like a commodity
"If we treat the gospel like a commodity, can we fault nonbelievers for thinking that the cross is just another logo?
-laugh more often and make others laugh(not just at me)
-eat less and exercise more!

No comments: