Sunday, July 13, 2008

The concept of Worship

The pursuit of joy or happiness is a long and bumpy road. I have realized lately that by who or what I have chosen to worship, I have made that road longer and bumpier. What is Worship? I read recently that Worship is not something done just by Christians or "spiritual" people. Rather, since everyone was made to worship God, everyone is in fact a worshiper whether or not he has any religious or spiritual devotion. This may sound very elementary but we can find out what or who we worship by looking at our daily calendars, our checkbook or our activities. In my case, who do we turn to when the stress levels increase in our lives, problems at work or we have relationship problems with our loved ones or friends. I would say that it is easy to worship God when things are going well and we feel satisfied or happy. Where the rub comes in is those times that things are not going well, when we can't catch a break or we can't keep our "personal demons" at bay.I am trying to learn what true worship to God looks like in my daily life and not just in a hour or two a week when we gather together. How can I make sure that my actions, thoughts and $$ reflect my worship to God instead of my worship to my selfish desires?

No comments: