Sunday, July 13, 2008

Not even close to being bold enough!

Received an email today from my boss asking if we (my team) had read the book, "The Secret". Being the sarcastic person I am, I responded that I wouldn't be reading that book. When she asked Why? (since she was going to buy it for the team and have us read it) I told her it was personal. Later today when I was discussing a work related matter with her, she asked what I had against that book.....have you even had a wide open door to a deeper and more meaningful conversation and totally froze?? Just when I was patting myself on the back for being somewhat bold, I totally fumbled the ball and didn't make it into the end zone...Times like today make me marvel at the early Christian Martyrs and the others who were willing to die or be brutally tortured for their faith. While I don't even have the guts to explain to the boss that I don't want to read a book that opposes what I believe and what I feel strongly about.

No comments: