Sunday, July 13, 2008

Parenting!

One could say that my immaturity shines through in the following statements: "I didn't know how hard parenting would be!" or "I thought it got easier as they got older.." Parenting a Jr. Higher is not easy and seems to hit the Mrs and I like a bucket of cold water thrown in our face every day. It has been a daily battle over the last couple of weeks and the fun climaxed this week. Due to catching our #1 in a lie about school work, we sat down and created a Contract with #1. I have high hopes that this will finally resinate with her and will start to change her behaivor.The blessing though that "she would must not be ignored" or the Mrs have been giving is that this challenge or struggle seems to have drawn us even closer together and has ensured we are on the same page with our parenting.

No comments: